Where the hell is my towel?

In a shameless emulation of another far less bewildered traveller, I give you the highly accurate account of my year in Uppsala, Sweden. Like the great man says, persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; those attempting to find a plot in it will be banished; those attempting to find a moral in it will be shot.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tjecken Takfest and a Stolen Hammock

At Sarah's birthday party yesterday, I discovered a hammock on the roof of building 3. It was sad and wanted wear, and it seemed to me that a hammock in Sweden must be a lonely thing indeed. I was talking about it in class today and Alexander the Belgian said he'd seen it too and he wanted to steal it.
I told him he'd have to fight me for it. He suggested a duel, like men--a one-on-one fight to the death via football.
In the true spirit of American foreign policy, I told him to bring it the hell on. We decided to meet at seven at the field north of the Engelska Parken.
I'm told he turned up there promptly at seven, football in hand, ready to beat the hell out the stupid American who doesn't even know how to play properly.
Of course, what the damn fool didn't know was that I was using that opportunity to be up on top of building 3, stealing the hammock in peace.

Went to a Czech rooftop party, which apparently will be the first of many ethnic-themed parties this fall. I'm already planning an American party, where we invade a smaller, weaker party and steal their beer. In my limited experience, all Czechs are great, and everything Czech is fantastic. Their food is good. Their beer is good. And everyone I meet here immediately tells me I must see Prague. So I'm making vague plans to stay with a friend of a Czech girl I sit next to--he's got a flat in central Prague where I can apparently stay for free during the winter break.

I've mentioned the Sernanders Krog before. It's a shitty bar in the bottom of building 1, and I have an overwhelming desire to scrape together money with some other people and buy the place out. We could get a German to handle the books, Czechs to make people feel welcome, Australians to drink the beer...Martin's building a jazz scene anyway, so he could use the place as his base...I could combine it with the stripper idea...I mean, it'd be the only bar within 5km of over 2000 college students, and the only place in that radius in which they could buy anything stronger than the 3.5% little people's beer. How can a plan like this go wrong:

Step 1. Women strip.
Step 2. Drink liquor.
Step 3. Profit!

Soooo...if you guys know any venture capitalists, send the slimy, soulless bastards over here! I want a cool bar to hang out in, and the current Krog sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home