Where the hell is my towel?

In a shameless emulation of another far less bewildered traveller, I give you the highly accurate account of my year in Uppsala, Sweden. Like the great man says, persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; those attempting to find a plot in it will be banished; those attempting to find a moral in it will be shot.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Itinerary

Am attending Nobel prize lectures tomorrow morning, then going to Estonia in the afternoon.

Apparently professors here never give out A's. Their grading scale is A, B, C, D, E, FX, and F, where everything E and above is passing. Which means I'm going to end up with a whole lot of B's, and that upsets me to no end, because I need to pull my GPA up at least two hundredths as it is. Fuckers.

And now my font changed because I copy/pasted the grading scale and I can't figure out how to change it back. Annoying!

Yesterday I ate something called "apple flops."

This post is mainly an excuse to tell you what I'm reading:
Zbigniew Brzezinski, The Choice: Global Domination or Global Leadership
Arthur Schlesinger, The Cycles of American History (I'm really surprised how impressed I am with this guy. His essay "America and Empire" completely destroys the new-Left, quasi-Leninist-Imperialism-As-Highest-State-of-Capitalism explanation of American expansion.)
G. R. Berridge, Diplomatic Theory from Machiavelli to Kissinger
Robert Dallek, Flawed Giant: Lyndon Johnson and His Times, 1961-1973.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home